Sunday, May 1, 2011

Luke Lost His 1st Tooth!

On Wednesday night, April 27th Luke lost his 1st tooth. It all started about 5 months ago when Luke came to me and told me his tooth was loose. I thought it was odd because most kiddos don't start loosing their teeth until they are in kinder. We pretty much have left it alone. Then earlier this week it appeared to be really loose. When I got home last night I asked him about it and it pretty much laid itself down flat. I decided it was time to pull it out. I got out the camera and Bill got out his iPhone to record the event. Kai, on the other hand, sat in the bathtub behind us, witnessing the event and reminding me over and over that he too had a loose tooth that was going to need to come out! First, Luke tried. No luck. Then Bill offered, Luke declined. Finally, I offered. With just my fingers it didn't work, but with a small piece of toilet paper (hey, we were right there) it came right out. Immediately. No biggie. Not like the days when my dad used to pull out my teeth with a pair of pliers! True story. So......the tooth is out and now I need to beg Bill for some cash, I call my niece Claire who happens to be at Target to grab some glitter, and I head to the computer to google Tooth Fairy. Believe it or not, for a cost of course, you can print a personalized certificate. Done. He quickly fell asleep, I set the scene, and the morning came. Too be honest he came into our room not too impressed. He showed us what he got and said that she must have come through the window because there was dust there. That was pretty much it. He wanted to put his money away in his wallet and get ready for school. Today, 12 hours after he lost his tooth, he has Spring Pictures!








post signature

2 comments:

The Chelette Family said...

Five bucks! Whoa, you are one generous tooth fairy!

Ali said...

That kid needs to STOP growing already!