Monday, March 5, 2012

Lupe's Funeral

This past Friday, March 2nd, we laid Lupe to rest at Riverside National Cemetery in Riverside. About 90 family and friends came to share in her celebration of life. Corinne gave a beautiful speech about her that, even with humor, brought us all to tears. Bill said he will miss his one-on-one time he had with his mom doing absolutely nothing! Just spending time together. Kai said he will miss riding his bike to Grandma's house (she only lives a block or so from us.) He also was never shy about kissing and hugging on her before we left our visits with her. Luke and Grandma seemed to share a special bond over Jesus. From a very young age she would ask him about Sunday School and what he learned. She gave him several years ago her nativity scene. She always said she wanted him to have it. Right before she passed away Luke asked if he could have a snow globe that held a mission in it with a cross. He told me that he was going to dump it over and make a wish. I suggested a prayer. He said he prayed he would see Grandma one more time (before she went to be with Jesus) and indeed he did. I will personally always remember how Lupe would ask me to come close to her, as if to tell me a secret. It was then that she would say something like, "Gilbert wants me to make him homemade tortillas!" My favorite part was when she would fan her hand in the air and say, "DREAMER!" She cracked me up. We all miss her so much. She was one special wife, mother, grandmother, and friend.





post signature

No comments: