Monday, February 20, 2012

Life

You know life is really difficult right now in our house. I am so thankful that Bill and I are a great team. We literally are giving smooches left and right, saying I love you and thank you more often than not, and giving high 5's as we pass in the day and night. The flood came and went last Friday - literally, the IRS is haunting our dreams, Bill's mother has hours left to live, my niece is fighting for her life in Children's Hospital LA, Bill has his knee surgery consult this week, and Kai has his upper GI testing this week. I am so thankful that we both have secure jobs because we both have had to take and will be taking days off not out of wants, but needs. But, in all and all we have the Lord. My eyes are on him as I try to not drop tears each and every hour of every day. So many plans have gone by the wayside, conversations with dear friends that never seem to have the time to happen, let alone the motivation to smile and move forward. I pray every day that all these prayers will be answered and resolved in the Lord's timing. It's so hard to give up control.
post signature

2 comments:

Ali said...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

You guys have been through so much recently, and I don't know how you are holding it together. I'm glad that you and Bill have one another and are helping each other to get through these tough times. I love you guys, you're always in my prayers, and I know that there has to be a break here soon for you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys Casey. Hoping this season ends for you quickly. Hold on tight to Jesus. He is always faithful even when its hard to see. Keep an eye open for the miracles in the chaos. Hard to do I know. Love you.