Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Fall

Most of you know that I stepped down off of a chair in my classroom and hurt myself on Oct. 8th. It was a horrible accident. My left ankle rolled and I fell to my right where I put my hand down to brace the fall. I can't even begin to tell you how crazy it is to see your body disfigured. Thank goodness Ali was near by! 911 came and off I went to the ER to get my wrist splinted. About 4 days later I had surgery on my wrist. It was dislocated and broken in 5 places. I received a metal plate and pins. That was 2 weeks ago today. I was very thankful to change my cast today and get my stitches out. This is a VERY SLOW HEALING process. It hurts pretty much all the time still, just less severe of pain. I miss my girlfriends at school. I REALLY AM THANKFUL EVERYTHING WAS FIXABLE AND I AM ALSO SO THANKFUL FOR ALL THE AMAZING HELP I HAVE HAD. From my classroom, to meals, to helping me personally, to taking my kids to where they need to be.....THANK YOU!! My next doctor visit isn't until Thanksgiving so hopefully we will continue to have more good news!








post signature

2 comments:

Tracy Chelette said...

Oh Casey, what an ordeal you have been through. It makes me hesitate to get on a chair anymore. So sorry friend! Can't wait to get you back.

Ali said...

Wow that splint is sexy! Ha! Did you have to post all these pictures? It makes me relive it. So scary!!! I'm glad that you are doing better but I miss my friend :0( Life's just not the same without you. Take time and heal, but know I'm missing my partner in crime. LOL.
Remember that if you need ANYTHING at all, I'm here always!! xoxoxo