Friday, March 26, 2010

Our New Objective

Ever since I stopped nursing Luke at 13 months he has sucked his tongue. Initially, we thought it was so cute. I guess we still do or rather we don't even take notice of it anymore. I even have a family Christmas picture (where he was upset) and his 18 month old picture with him sucking on it. If you notice, he has his blanket in every one of these pictures! He usually sucks it when he is tired, in trouble, etc.....but, ONLY if he has his blanket in hand. He does also do it when he is near a baby. Odd. Like if he goes up to rub their head, or help them walk or something. This was very clear when Kai was born!

Now it is time to end this habit! Since he isn't even conscious of when he does it, the dentist said that is our first objective. So, if you happen to see Luke sucking his tongue tell him to put it away! Once he realizes what he is doing, he can then make a choice to not do it. Once that is done the hope is that he will no longer do it in his sleep. We will begin this process.....cross our fingers!

post signature

6 comments:

Ali said...

Well it is pretty darn cute!!! But I suppose it's time to stop. Ahhhh..... he's getting so big.

Mrs. Dunbar said...

Chubby baby! I love it!

Looks like we're in the same shoes, habits are HARD to break. He can do it :)

The Chelette Family said...

He looks so adorable doing it though. Irene is right, habits are hard to break, but it can be done.

Amy said...

Hi...I met you at Kayden's birthday. It's pretty cute. I have a thumb sucker on my hands...don't know what I'll do about that!

Eryn said...

Oh my goodness. I can't even look at these pictures without saying, "Aw my baby is so cute!" to every single one. :) <3 miss you guys!!

The Salinas Family said...

Update: He has been fine "putting his tongue away" when I remmind him, but I am often seeing him hiding his mouth behind his blanket now! Oh no....