Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Teaching Job Update

Well, it's that time of year again. The school board has voted and they will be giving out 160 pink slips. We heard they were going back as far as June 30, 2005. So.....I met with my principal today to hear the doom and gloom. Sort of. PLEASE SAY YOUR PRAYERS FOR ME! :0) There were 13 people hired on the same date as me. As of today the board has not determined what they are going to do in order to rank us. In the past, it has been a lottery as well as earning points for various things like a Master's Degree, ect. Out of the 19 of us, the top 12 will NOT be getting pink slipped. The bottom 7 will. I do not know where I stand as of yet. If I do indeed receive one then it is a process of waiting to see if there will be retirements, leaves of absences, etc. The district does not have to be notified until June 30th by that teacher so it could be long wait! As they (the district) are notified each person on the list will received a rescinding letter stating they still will have a job for the 2010 - 2011 school year. It is probable that those 7 will be fine, but also may not get to stay at their current school site. I LOVE where I teach and would be yes grateful for a job, but so devastated to move to a new school. I will keep you updated as I hear any news.

post signature

1 comment:

Ali said...

I have already prayed and prayed and prayed. YOU HAVE to, absolutely HAVE to stay here!