Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well.....I was given my pink slip from the school district yesterday. According to my principal I am number 13 out of 207 elementary teachers that received them. Meaning, 12 other teachers will be called back prior to me. He seems pretty optimistic it will all work out for me. Unfortunately, they don't think we will know for sure until May. There were 6 other teachers from our campus as well that were notified. Many tears and many worries.


Please join us on Friday, March 13 and Stand Up for Schools.

What You Can Do

1. Wear pink on Friday, March 13 to show your support for public schools, students and educators.

2.
Call or e-mail your Legislator. Tell them that investing in public education is an investment in California's future.

1 comment:

Ali said...

You're no going anywhere. I won't let you. I'm praying that something amazing happens with the budget and that they'll just "find" money somewhere.