Friday, January 2, 2009

Two weeks of vacation and its.......OVER!

I can't believe Christmas break is already over. I must say, I am quite relaxed. I didn't do a whole heck of a lot. I did manage to pretty much clean out every room, cabinet, and drawer in my house. I seem to always be giving things away. I love to. I have no desire to hold on to things "hoping" they will get used some day. My theory is why not let someone else use them instead!

We did get to spend some time with both sides of the family, went to Disney with our passes, and we got to go to the mountains together as a family.

New Year's was a bust, but when you turn in early to bed every night like me you don't really care much! :0)

Our greatest addition this year has been Kai joining our family and my personal biggest struggle is dealing with an almost 3 year old. I am trying daily to encourage and raise a kind, respectable, and loving little boy. It is hard work. It will be interesting to read a post next New Year's to see how this endeavor goes throughout 2009.........XOXO.

My New Year's Resolution is to have more one on one time with my husband. We both love and adore our children and basically one of us is usually with them. We need to start to make time for us: the foundation for our family. Hopefully I can post a picture soon about a date night...or maybe small steps....an outing! Even a trip to Cold Stone would be a getaway at this point!

I LOVE ALL OF MY BOYS SO MUCH!!!!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

And all you have to do is call me and I'll come babysit. So go on a date with your hubby,, it's long overdue.

Mrs. Dunbar said...

You're a great mom and a wonderful friend. Drop the boys off soon so you and Bill can go to Coldstone, its just around the corner. a