Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thank you God for looking out for us....BOTH!

Yesterday Bill was driving into the base for drill weekend when he was pulled over by a police officer (I think that was the first time in the whole time we have been together!) He was ticketed for speeding, but was given a brake from the police officer (we think due to him being in the military.) The officer told him to plead not guilty and that he would dismiss the case at that point. We will see.....

This morning (on our way to church) I was pulled over for speeding. Now, for those of you that know me, yes I am a pedal to the metal kind of girl. But, I have worked really hard to get my record completely cleared. I have had a GREAT THREE AND A HALF YEARS! Anyway, I gave the officer my driver's license, registration, my military ID, and an insurance card for our MAZDA WE SOLD! I then gave him the insurance card that EXPIRED TWO WEEKS AGO! He went back to his bike and proceeded to write me up. He came back and FINALLY, I PRODUCED A CURRENT INSURANCE CARD FOR OUR NEW CAR!!! He scribbled something off of the ticket and then told me he was going to give me a verbal warning for speeding and a fix it ($10) ticket for the tinted windows. THANK YOU OFFICER PAUNCH AND BAKER.

After he left, I then informed Luke of what a nice man the police man was and how he stopped us to make sure we were okay! :0)

2 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

You lied to your kid on the way to church???

Jules said...

Oh john, my childhood crush... where have you gone?